Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer crib mattress review
Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer crib mattress review
Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer crib mattress is an award-winning mattress, which provides a safe and comfortable sleep for your child. It is a dual-sided crib mattress, so your newborn can start using it as soon as you bring him home, all the way throughout his or hers infancy and toddlerhood.
This crib mattress is made in the USA, so we had even higher expectations for its quality, safety, and comfort. And I must say, that after numerous tests, we were not disappointed at all. The results of our Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer crib mattress review confirmed that this is high quality and eco-friendly crib mattress, which has a good value for the price!
- dual-sided mattress
- long term use
- free from harmful chemicals
- comfortable, but firm mattress
- when you unwrapped the mattress, a little odor can occur, which goes away after two days
Dual-sided sleep system review
Dual-sided mattresses are two-stage sleeping systems. The mattress has two separate layers, one for infants and another for toddlers.
While regular crib mattresses are designed just for an infant or solely for a toddler, you can use dual-sided crib mattreess during both age stages.
Is infant layer as good as crib mattress made only for infants?
Yes it is, and the same is with the toddler side.
Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer crib mattress has one of the best dual-sided systems we have ever seen. Both layers meet all safety and quality expectations, and can easily compete with the best one-sided crib or toddler mattresses.
Everything is as it should be! While the infant layer is extra firm, made of, eco-friendly, plant-based, and high-density foam, a soft and plushy foam side is perfect for toddlers.
Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer crib mattress specifications
- Mattress size: 52″ long by 27,5″ wide
- The thickness of the mattress: 5″
- Mattress weight: 10 pounds
- Age and weight limits: The core of the mattress is from memory foam, so it regains its original shape easily. That’s why there is no weight limit for this particular crib mattress. Your child can use it until he outgrows it, and most likely your second child will be able to use it as well.
We were impressed by how light it is! Because it is made of foam, it is already lighter from innerspring mattresses, but it is lighter than most foam crib mattresses too.
The lightweight of the mattress is important. Accidents do happen, and they usually happen in the middle of the night. Getting the mattress out of the crib easily, easy cleaning, and changing the sheets, is something you will like for sure!
Firmness for your baby’s health and lightweight for easy sheet’ changing is the best combination you can wish for a crib mattress.
The structure and materials of the mattress
- mattress core
- fire barrier
- waterproof cover
1. The core of the mattress has two layers of foam: extra firm foam layer, infused with plant oils on the infant side and a softer, plush side foam (also infused with plant oils) for toddlers.
2. The core is entirely wrapped in a woven fire barrier with no spray-on flame retardant chemicals.
3. Everything is coated with environment-friendly fabric, which has a medical quality. That is a durable stretch knit fabric with extra tight sewn seams. It is water-resistant, antimicrobial, bed bug, dust mite, and odor resistant.
Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer crib mattress review – our tests
Although all Moonlight Slumber products go through extensive internal and external testing, we tested the significant crib mattress features too.
Your infant will spend most of the time sleeping, so he will use the crib often. That is why the safety of the crib and its mattress is one of the most important things you should consider.
All Moonlight Slumber products go through rigorous testing procedures, to evaluate durability, safety, performance, and quality. The foam and all mattress’ components are third-party tested!
Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer crib mattress meets or even exceeds all required safety standards. It is GREENGUARD and CertiPUR certified, which means that it is non-toxic. It is PVC, phthalate, lead, antimony, and vinyl free. The certificate also ensures that this is a non-indoor air polluting product, as it has a low impact on indoor air due to low VOC (volatile organic compounds).
Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer crib mattress is one of the best, if not the best dual-sided crib mattress on the market.
It offers firm support to your baby and a comfortable side for your toddler. Besides that, it is eco-friendly and safe choice for your child. It meets all required safety standards, including dimensions for a perfect fit into a full-size crib.
It is not the cheapest choice, but far from the most expensive crib mattresses on the market. After our review, we are sure it is worth your money, and you won’t be disappointed with your purchase!
CRIB MATTRESS REVIEWS:
Foam baby crib mattresses:
- Newton Wovenaire crib mattress review
- Graco Premium foam crib and toddler mattress review
- Milliard dual comfort crib mattress review
- Milliard crib mattress and toddler bed mattress review
- Milliard memory foam crib mattress review
- Colgate Eco Classica III dual-firmness baby crib mattress review
- Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams crib mattress review
- Dourxi crib mattress and toddler bed mattress review
Innerspring baby crib mattresses:
- Delta Children Twinkle Stars innerspring crib mattress review
- Kolcraft Pure Sleep Therapeutic 150 toddler and baby crib mattress review
I am the founder of Baby’s Little Place. I’m a mom to the one-year-old daughter and I know how overwhelming could be when you are looking things and tips for a new baby, especially if you are a first-time parent. That’s why I set up this site…because I want to do something I am passionate about, as well as I want to help new parents and parents to be.
I hope you enjoyed reading my article! If you have any question or comment, please leave them down below. I will be happy discuss it with you!
Have a wonderful day!