4moms Breeze Playard Review
4moms Breeze Playard Review
There is no doubt that 4moms is producing high-quality products. They focus on those features that help consumers to the fullest and make their life easier. As you will see later in our 4moms Breeze Playard review, they didn’t disappoint with their Pack ‘n Play (Playard) as well.
[stextbox id=’ovcka’ image=’null’]Handling with Breeze couldn’t be easier. All it takes is one push to open, and one pull to close it, and you are done. Like a breeze, as the name already told you![/stextbox]
While almost everything on 4moms Breeze is perfect, we miss few features they could add to their Pack ‘n Play. We’ve already done a lot of Playard reviews, so we know what others can offer for the same or even lower price. But for the same quality?
4moms Breeze could have additional accessories, like extra storage pockets, mosquito net, a musical box or crib mobile. These features would give Breeze an additional value and placed the Playard on the top. But, do you really need them? Accessories are certainly not the most important feature you should look.
Your baby will sleep and play in the Playard, so it must be safe, quality and of course easy to handle!
For instance, if you want a crib mobile, you can always buy a travel mobile. Tiny love made a great take along mobile, which fits on regular cribs and Pack ‘n Plays too. Please, do not buy a Playard just because it has a few cute accessories, focus on safeness, quality, and sturdiness first.
Hope you understand what I am trying to tell you. And do not think all Pack ‘n Plays with additional features are bad. Infect, we made a list of the best Graco’s Pack ‘n Plays. Graco is leading manufacturer in combining quality, additional features and affordable price. If accessories are important to you, you can read our article about Graco’s portable cribs.
Summary of 4moms Breeze Pack ‘n Play review
4moms Breeze Playard is a good choice for:
- afternoon naps at home
- as a safe play area for your baby and toddler
- for sleepovers at grandparents’ or caregivers house
- as the first bed for your newborn, before you move him into a bigger crib
- as an occasional travel bed (It is not the lightest and smallest travel crib on the market, so we do not recommend it for traveling by plane.)
- super easy to put together or close
- removable bassinet with a separate mattress
- bassinet easily snaps securely into position
- it grows with your child
- it comes with carrying bag
- great quality
- sturdy construction
- breathable mesh
- sleek design
- gender-natural color
- lack of color choice
- higher price
- the bassinet does not fit in the carrying bag
- leak of accessories
Something you might have missed in other 4moms Breeze Playard Reviews!
4moms is actually selling three different versions of Breeze. In essence, all three models are the same. The difference is in additional parts that come with Breeze Classic and Plus.
- Breeze GO Playard: only Playard with carrying bag
- Breeze Classic Playard: additional bassinet
- Breeze Plus Playard: This is the newest 4moms’ model, released in January 2018. It has a bassinet and changing station.
1. And the difference in price?
Well, around 50$ for every additional feature.
2. Which one should you buy?
All three models are great, and their main features are the same. So, it really depends on what you need.
If you don’t need a newborn bassinet, you can decide on the basic Breeze GO. However, if you intend to use it more than just for one child, you might think about the bassinet for another baby, and pick a 4moms Breeze Classic Playard. If you want a whole, comfortable package, you can always opt for Breeze Plus.
As you can see you have multiple choices! And don’t forget that you can use all three from newborn to toddler, as you can place a newborn into the Playard as well. With placing him over the rail all the way to the bottom, it will just take more efforts for you. For the baby will be comfortable and safe either way.
3. What about changing table?
There is a lot of portable changing pads on the market. Changing mats are very useful as you can use them everywhere, not just on the Pack ‘n Play.
Ease of use
Its biggest advantage over other similar Playards is definitely its ease of use. When you press in the middle, the Breeze opens and automatically locks by itself. The same is with folding. One pull and you are done.
If I have to point out something that took us more than a few seconds, I would say securing the mattress. You have to fasten the mattress with Velcro straps. When you slide them through the bottom, they sometimes want to attach to the wrong place.
With little practice, you should set up the whole unit in 2 minutes!
We didn’t notice any problems with attaching the bassinet on the crib too. The bassinet snaps in place over the top rails.
The carrying bag is included, but you can’t put the bassinet into it. So, if traveling with a newborn, you will have to carry two separate things. We didn’t have any other problem with the bag.
The majority of Playards that resemble on 4moms Breeze weight around 25 – 30lbs, so with 23lbs, I don’t see weight issues here.
4moms Breeze has a standard 1″ travel mattress. Pack ‘n Plays are surrounded with mesh, so because of safety reasons (baby can trap between thicker mattress and mesh), it is not allowed to have a thicker mattress in a Pack ‘n Play.
However, both mattresses (for the bassinet and for Playards) are unique in size and shape. So, finding the fitting sheets could be difficult. That is a common problem for all Playards!
Probably is the best to buy the 4moms waterproof mattress sheets. They are really nice, comfortable and quality. But unfortunately, this requires a higher price.
I like its modern look and clean lines. The mesh that surrounded the whole crib from top to bottom is breathable in see-through. You will see your baby from any angle of the room, and he will see you!
Some parents would like to have more color choices. However, the colors 4moms had chosen are unisex and fits perfectly in any environment.
4moms Breeze meets all relevant Play Yard safety standards. The frame is incredibly sturdy and doesn’t wobble at all. The mesh surrounding this crib is also very tight and strong. The whole unit is well-made and stable.
Measurements and Weight:
- assembled crib dimensions: 43″L x 30″W x 29″H
- collapsed dimensions: 30.7″L x 12.1″W x 12.2″H
- included mattress: two 1″ thick mattresses – one for Playard and one for the bassinet
- weight (including carrying bag): 23 lbs
- available colors: only one color
- Breeze GO: gray
- Breeze Classic: white the pattern
- Breeze Plus: black
Child size restrictions:
- removable bassinet: for babies less than 18 lbs
- Playard: from birth until 30 lbs
Frequently asked questions
1. What is the height from the mattress to the top of the side rail?
The internal height from the mattress to the top of the frame is 22″.
2. Can you use the changer without the bassinet with 4moms Breeze Plus?
No, because they are one piece and can not be separated.
3. Is it size allowed to be carried on board the airplane?
No, it is too large as a carry-on.
4. Does the bassinet fit in the carrying case?
No, it must be stored separately.
5. Can I get a bassinet kit separately?
No, a bassinet is not compatible with the Breeze GO Playard. Also, you can’t buy bassinet or bassinet/changer for the 4moms Classic or Breeze Plus. They do not sell them separate from the Playards.
6. Does 4moms Breeze have wheels?
No, it doesn’t.
7. What are the dimensions of the bassinet on the Breeze Plus compared to the Breeze Classic bassinet?
- 4moms Breeze Classic bassinet: 22.5″L x 25″W x 9″H
- 4moms Breeze Plus Playard bassinet dimensions: 22.5″L x 16″W x 8″H
8. What are the dimensions of the mattresses?
- The dimensions of Playard mattresses are the same for all three models: 40″L x 28″W x 1“H
- Classic Breeze: 23″L x 17,5″W x 1″H
- Breeze Plus: 22,5″L x 17,5″W x 1″H
Baby’s Little place Verdict
4moms Breeze is a great Playard for home or travel. However, for a frequent traveling, you have to consider its weight too. All three models are stable and strong. They should last for many years to come.
It is not the cheapest option on the market, but you get really good and quality Playard. And the best part? Handling with the Playard is like a breeze!
- Best Graco Pack ‘n Play
- Baby Bjorn travel crib Light Review
- Guava Family Lotus everywhere crib Review
- Best rated portable cribs
I am the founder of Baby’s Little Place. I’m a mom to the one-year-old daughter and I know how overwhelming could be when you are looking things and tips for a new baby, especially if you are a first-time parent. That’s why I set up this site…because I want to do something I am passionate about, as well as I want to help new parents and parents to be.
I hope you enjoyed reading my article! If you have any question or comment, please leave them down below. I will be happy discuss it with you!
Have a wonderful day!