4moms Breeze Playard Review
Last Updated on September 3, 2020 by Ines
4moms Breeze Review: Breeze Plus & Breeze Go Reviews
4moms is a well-established brand in the juvenile industry. Their main focus is on developing high-quality and safe baby products. But that’s not all, I really like, and appreciate their effort to design baby products that ease parents’ life too. And I can say that our 4moms breeze review confirmed that this also applies to their Pack ‘N Plays Breeze Plus and Breeze Go.
When creating this Playard, 4moms followed their mission to the fullest. Handling with Breeze couldn’t be easier. All it takes is one push to open, and one pull to close it, and you are done. Like a breeze!
4moms Breeze Playard is great for:
- afternoon nap
- as a safe play area for your baby and toddler
- for sleepovers at grandparents’ or caregivers house
- as the first bed for your newborn, before you move him into a bigger crib
- as an occasional travel bed (It is not the lightest and smallest travel crib on the market, so I would not use it when traveling by plane. Other than that, I don’t see any reservations why you wouldn’t use it for travel as well.)
4moms Breeze Playard is available in two types
- Breeze Go: a basic model
- Breeze Plus Playard: the newest 4moms’ care station Playard
|4moms||Breeze GO||Breeze Plus|
|Easy Open Frame||✓||✓|
|Price||Best Price||Best Price|
I won’t write reviews for both of them. All the basics are the same, and I would only repeat myself.
While Breeze Go is a classic Pack ‘N Play with all needed features, has 4moms Breeze Plus also a removable bassinet and changer, which you can snap on the top of the Playard. So, if you want a basic 4moms Breeze Go Playard, ignore the bassinet and changer review, everything else is the same!
4moms Breeze Plus Review at a glance
- super easy to put together or close
- removable bassinet with a separate mattress*
- bassinet easily snaps securely into position*
- removable changer which sits securely on the top of the Playard*
- All-in-one care station*
- it grows with your child
- it comes with carrying bag
- great quality
- sturdy construction
- breathable mesh
- sleek design
- gender-natural color
*features are available only on 4moms Breeze Plus Playard
- lack of color choice
- higher price
- leak of accessories
Is there something that could be better on 4moms Breeze Plus and Breeze Go?
As you will see further in our review, the most relevant Playard’s features are seamless on the Breeze. However, we had found a few things that may affect your decision. I must point out that these are no flaws, just something I want to remind you before you make your decision.
First of all, both Playards are available only in one color, Breeze Go is gray, and Breeze Plus is black. Lack of color selection is beside the higher price, actually the only deficiency.
4moms picked gender natural colors, which is the right decision. We had reviewed Playards from other well-known brands, like BabyBjorn or Guava Family, and I must say everyone has opted for a smaller color selection. But if you prefer colorful Playards, you can choose one of the Graco’s Pack ‘N Plays, where the color assortment is wider.
What can I say about the price? Excellent quality and the well-established brand certainly add up to the final price. However, if I compare it to similar Playards, the number is rational.
4moms Breeze could have additional accessories, like extra storage pockets, a mosquito net, musical box, or crib mobile. If they include one or more such features, I’m sure they will sell even more Playards. But all of them can be bought separately and shouldn’t be the reason for your decision.
There are plenty of cheap but efficient mosquito nets and organizers you can buy. During our crib mobile reviews, we had found a perfect crib mobile for Playards too. Tiny Love Take-Along is a versatile crib mobile, which fits on cribs, Playards, and even strollers.
4moms Breeze Plus vs. 4moms Breeze Go
1. What is the difference in price?
4moms Breeze Plus is $50 more expensive from Breeze Go Playard.
2. Which 4moms Breeze Playard is perfect for you?
Both models are great, and their main features are the same. So, it depends on what you need.
Because you can safely place a newborn into the bottom mattress too, you can use both Playards from newborn to toddler’s age. Only you will feel the difference. Putting a sleeping newborn to the bottom mattress takes more effort than using the attached bassinet. The baby is comfortable and safe either way!
Keep in mind: The bassinet and changer are meant for use with babies up to 18 lbs or until they can push up on their hands and knees. Also, you can’t pack them into the travel bag. You can opt for a changing mat, which is very useful as it doesn’t take up a lot of space.
If you don’t need a newborn bassinet and changer, I don’t see a point in spending an extra $50. On the contrary, if you think they will come in handy, $50 is not too much for bassinet and changer.
Detailed 4moms Breeze Plus Review
We have evaluated the most important features you should look for when choosing a Playard.
- Nobody wants to deal with the Playard’s complicated setup. Quality Playards set up quick and easy. The same goes for disassembling, folding, and stacking into the travel bag.
- Quality Playards are not heavy and bulky, but lightweight and portable with an included travel bag. They should also fold up as small as possible.
- Playard is meant for sleep and play. Does it come with a portable mattress, and what’s its quality?
- As a woman, I know that the Playard’s look matters too! That is why we have also reviewed its design.
- And last but not least, it must be safe for your baby! Though I write about the safety towards the end of the 4moms Breeze review, it is actually the most important part of it! It must meet all required safety standards!
Ease of use
Ease of use is without a doubt 4moms’ Breeze most significant advantage over similar Playards. I was a little skeptical, but it is true. Just press in the middle, and the Breeze opens up and automatically locks by itself. The same is with folding. One pull and you are done.
If I have to point out something that took us more than a few seconds, I would say that was securing the mattress. You have to fasten the mattress with Velcro straps. When you slide them through the bottom, they sometimes attach to the wrong place.
With little practice, you should set up the whole unit in 2 minutes or even less!
We also didn’t notice any problems with attaching the bassinet and changer on the 4moms Breeze Plus. The bassinet and changer snap securely in place over the top rails easy and quick.
4moms Breeze Plus Portability Review
You get a convenient carrying bag with the Playard. Bassinet and changer do not fit into the bag! If you need them, you will have to pack them separately.
4moms Breeze is also not the lightest Playards on the market. So, if you need it only for traveling, you might want to look into lightweight travel cribs such as BabyBjorn travel crib Light, or Guava family Lotus crib, which weigh only 13lbs.
That is very light, and most Pack ‘N Plays weigh more than that. As similar Playards weigh around 25 – 30lbs, with 23lbs, 4moms Breeze doesn’t belong to the heaviest models.
4moms Breeze Travel mattress
4moms Breeze has a standard 1″ travel mattress. That’s common for all Playards. Of course, it’s not comparable with standard crib mattresses, but because of the safety issues, Pack ‘N Plays shouldn’t use ticker mattresses.
Don’t add an additional mattress into any Pack ‘N Play, of any brand! Baby can trap between thicker mattress and mesh, which surrounds Playards.
To prevent SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrom), do not use a thicker mattress!
It is also hard to find the fitted sheets for Playards of any brand. That’s why is purchasing the sheets of Playard’s brand probably the best decision. 4moms’ waterproof sheets are nice looking, comfortable, and quality made sheets.
What do we think about 4moms Breeze Design?
I like its modern look and clean lines. The mesh that surrounded the whole crib from top to bottom is breathable in see-through. You will see your baby from any angle of the room, and he will see you!
Some parents would like to have more color choices. However, the colors 4moms had chosen are unisex and fit perfectly in any environment.
4moms Breeze Safety Review
- 4moms Breeze meets all relevant Play Yard safety standards.
- The frame is incredibly sturdy and doesn’t wobble at all.
- The mesh surrounding this crib is very tight and strong.
- The whole unit is well-made and stable.
Measurements and Weight:
- assembled crib dimensions: 43″L x 30″W x 29″H
- collapsed dimensions: 30.7″L x 12.1″W x 12.2″H
- included mattress: 1″ thick mattresses & the mattress for the bassinet
- weight (including carrying bag): 23 lbs
- available colors: only one color
- Breeze GO: gray
- Breeze Plus: black
Child size restrictions:
- removable bassinet and changer: for babies less than 18 lbs
- Playard: from birth until 30 lbs
Frequently asked questions about 4moms Breeze Playard
1. What is the height from the mattress to the top of the side rail?
The internal height from the mattress to the top of the frame is 22″.
2. Can I use the changer without the bassinet with 4moms Breeze Plus?
No, because they are one piece and can not be separated.
3. Is 4moms Breeze size allowed to be carried on onboard airplanes?
No, it is too large as carry-on luggage.
4. Do 4moms’ Breeze Plus bassinet and changer fit in the carrying bag?
No, the same as on any other Pack ‘N Play, must 4moms’ Breeze Plus bassinet and changer be stored separately.
5. Can I get a 4moms Breeze bassinet kit separately?
They do not sell them separately. Bassinet kit is also compatible only with 4moms Breeze Plus.
6. Does 4moms Breeze have wheels?
No, it doesn’t.
7. What are the dimensions of the 4moms Breeze mattresses?
- Playard mattress is the same for both models: 40″L x 28″W and 1″ tick
- Mattress of Breeze Plus bassinet: 22,5″L x 17,5″W and 1″ tick
8. Is the 4moms Breeze Playard suitable for twins?
No, the Breeze Playard is not supported for use with twins. Safety requirements dictate a physical barrier must be present between the two babies.
9. How to clean the 4moms breeze Playard?
- 4moms’ Breeze Playards frame can be wiped down with a solution of mild soap and water.
- You can spot-clean the fabric with a solution of mild soap and water.
- Sheets are machine-washable. Wash them in cold water on the gentle cycle, and tumble dry separately on low heat.
4moms Breeze is an excellent Playard for everyday use at home and occasional traveling. However, if you travel a lot, especially with planes, consider its weight before your purchase.
4moms Breeze is stable and strong and should last for many years to come. You will be able to use it with more than one child, that’s why it’s the choice for unisex color, a very reasonable decision.
It is not the cheapest option on the market, but you get a quality Playard, which is safe for your baby and easy to use for you too. Like a breeze!
I am the founder of Baby’s Little Place. I’m a mom to the one-year-old daughter and I know how overwhelming could be when you are looking at things and tips for a new baby, especially if you are a first-time parent. That’s why I set up this site…because I want to do something I am passionate about, as well as I want to help new parents and parents to be.
I hope you enjoyed reading my article! If you have any questions or comments, please leave them down below. I will be happy to discuss it with you!