Best Bluetooth baby crib mobile
Last Updated on September 21, 2020 by Ines
Best Bluetooth crib mobile
Fisher-Price Smart Connect Mobile Review
There is no doubt that high tech parents are going to like this mobile’s features. As you will see later in the review, Fisher-Price smart connect mobile has a various combination of features that give a conventional mobile a much longer life stand. It is the best Bluetooth crib mobile, with different features controlled by your smart device. It has a mobile that moves automatically and the projector that shoots images under the dome or onto the ceiling.
The baby mobile consists of the base unit, mobile arm, and dome with hanging toys. You can attach the base unit to the crib rail with the adjustable strap and strings. The whole mobile is not heavy, easily attaches to various cribs and remains stable and sturdy. Make sure you follow the installation instructions for safety!
- controlled by your smart device
- light show projector
- one-minute dim light for a quick check on a baby
- grows with your baby
- switching between sounds
- adjustable volume
- sound sensor
- projects only one reel of repeating images
- a little more expensive baby mobile
What is Bluetooth crib mobile?
While you are in the baby’s room, you can control the mobile using buttons on the base unit. Once you get the mobile going and leave the room, you can continue to control the mobile’s features from the App without disturbing the baby by returning to the room.
For controlling the mobile via Bluetooth, you need to download the Fisher-Price Smart connect App on your iOS or Android smart device, and pair the baby mobile with it. Pairing is really simple and doesn’t take you more than a minute. Once you download the App, press a little yellow button on the side of the mobile, and your smart device should find the mobile in a few seconds.
You can activate the spinning mobile or turn on the calming music and soothing lights without disturbing the baby. You can even turn on a one-minute light to quickly check on a baby.
Features controlled via Bluetooth:
- you can set the timer
- change the projection image
- change between sounds
- turn on the night light
- adjust the volume
- set the sensibility of a sound sensor *
- set and switch between two modes **
* Sound sensor alerts you if the sound is detected in the baby’s room after the mobile is turned off.
** You can set up two modes, for instance, one for the evening and one for the morning. Music can be louder in the morning when the baby wakes up,…
Features controlled with buttons on the mobile’s base:
- change between sounds
- turn on the night light
- volume adjustment
- turns on and off the projection and mobile movement
The Fisher-Price Smart connect 2-in-1 projection mobile grows with your baby from a motorized crib mobile with dome light projection, to a crib soother for older babies.
It can be used as a mobile with closer light show projection for babies from birth up to five months. After that, you can remove the mobile arm and have the projection displayed directly onto the ceiling for the older baby. So, when the baby gets older, the animal mobile is removed, and the unit becomes a crib soother. It still has the same calming music and sound options, but it doesn’t have spinning animals anymore, and the light show is projected on the ceiling overhead.
Fisher-Price smart connect mobile is available in two different designs. Both designs contain three colorful hanging toys, with three leaves for the rainforest and three acorns for the woodland model. Toys are made from plastic, so they are heavier and hang and spins nicely.
Two available designs:
- Woodland Friends Smart Connect 2-in-1 Projection Mobile: spinning woodland animals (bunny, owl, fox) and acorns
- Rainforest Friends Smart Connect 2-in-1 Projection Mobile: spinning rainforest animals (elephant, frog, lion) leaves
- rotating direction: clockwise
- you can have sound, rotating and projection going all at once, or you can choose between combinations of the three
MUSIC & SOUND OPTIONS:
- music duration: up to 30 minutes
- volume setting: yes, manually or via Bluetooth
- melodies: lullabies, white noise or nature sound effects
- switching between sounds: yes, manually or via Bluetooth
- light show projector: Projection is displayed on the mobile bottom surface or directly onto the ceiling.
- quick checkup night light: The button turns on the soft yellow light at the bottom of the base unit, which is great for letting you quickly check on your sleeping baby.
- you can control the mobile from your smart device
- weight: 2.75 pounds
- dimensions: 15.8 x 3.9 x 23.2 inches
- batteries: 4 D batteries required (not included)
- mobile: birth to 5 months
- projector: birth and up
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS about Bluetooth crib mobile
1. Can I play own music via Bluetooth?
Unfortunately, no. You can’t use the Bluetooth functionality on the speakers to play your own music. You can only switch between preset sounds.
2. Can I change the reel with images?
The same as all projection mobiles, it has only one reel of repeating images.
3. Can I use the mobile on other baby equipment?
We do not recommend that, because of the safety issues. It is designed to be safe and secure only on a crib. If you are able to attach it somewhere else, make sure that the mobile can’t fall down and injure your baby.
If you want a safe baby mobile for the car seat or stroller canopy, you can buy a portable baby mobile.
4. Can my toddler use the projector?
Of course, he can! When you detach the mobile arm, it becomes a projector for many years to use.
5. Is the smart App free?
Yes, the Fisher-Price Smart connect App for iOS or Android smart device is completely free.
6. Can the mobile rotate or play its own music with the Bluetooth OFF?
Yes, it can work without Bluetooth!
Yes, Fisher-Price smart connect mobile is a little more expensive, but it can offer so much to you and your baby. It stimulates baby senses and provides a sense of comfort and security at bedtime. Sound stimulate baby’s hearing and motorized crib mobile action with a light projection encourages eye-tracking.
Because of the ability to use the mobile longer, not just for the first few months, plus small touches like App connectivity and sound monitor that sends you to push notification if your baby starts crying, we marked Fisher-Price smart connect as the best Bluetooth baby crib mobile.
And the best part? Using this mobile via Bluetooth, you won’t have to worry about disturbing the baby by going back into the room to check on her or re-start the mobile.
I am the founder of Baby’s Little Place. I’m a mom to the one-year-old daughter and I know how overwhelming could be when you are looking at things and tips for a new baby, especially if you are a first-time parent. That’s why I set up this site…because I want to do something I am passionate about, as well as I want to help new parents and parents to be.
I hope you enjoyed reading my article! If you have any questions or comments, please leave them down below. I will be happy to discuss it with you!