Last Updated on May 27, 2021 by Ines
The best Babyletto crib in 2021
I have to say that finding the best Babyletto crib wasn’t easy. Not because there would be a lack of quality and functional Babyletto’s cribs, but because they are all so good! So how do you choose the best among the best?
We’ve taken a little different approach. We’ve started from the basis that every family is unique. If someone is looking for a portable mini crib, a full-size steady crib couldn’t be the best choice for him. That’s why we’ve found the best Babyletto crib in each type of cribs they are offering.
Yes, according to the requirements and wishes of most parents, we’ve chosen the best one. Our winner is a Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib, which is a sturdy crib that grows with your child.
Our favorite Babyletto crib:
Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib
Why we love it:
- it grows with your child
- you get everything for the conversions at the price
- it has an eco-conscious design
- Hudson possesses a retro-modern look, which is very popular among modern moms
- beautiful non-toxic finish, available in multiple colors
- 4 level adjustable mattress support
- solid wood construction
- sturdy crib
- meets and exceed all required safety standards
- the crib is Greenguard Gold Certified
Babyletto was founded by parents who wanted to provide safe, modern, and eco-friendly products to their babies. It is a member of the Million Dollar Baby Co., which is a leading and award-winning baby furniture manufacturer.
Babyletto is one of the most, if not the most popular, baby crib brands on the market. It is well-known for its modern designed cribs with a touch of retro style. Most of Babyletto’s cribs are surrounded by spindles, which is unique for US cribs and gives them a bit of a beautiful European style.
The prices of their cribs fall into the middle price range. Their cribs are not the cheapest models in the market, but they are not the most expensive ones at all.
You have to know that all Babyletto convertible cribs come with a toddler safety guardrail included in the price. That is Babyletto’s unique quality, I adore. Lots of convertible cribs on the market might seem cheaper at first glance, but you have to purchase a safety guardrail separately.
Having the toddler safety guardrail included has more benefits. First of all, the total price is often lower, as if you buy it separately. Second, you will have it on hand when needed. And last, sometimes a matching guardrail is not on stock when you need it.
The best Babyletto cribs in 2021
Here are the best Babyletto cribs with short descriptions. I have also added the links to their reviews and the latest prices.
All Babyletto cribs went through rigorous testings to meet required safety standards. I won’t write about their safety beside each model, but you can find everything about it at the end of this article.
You can also find all the necessary information about suitable crib mattresses there.
Our top-rated Babyletto’s cribs are:
- Editor’s choice: Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib
- Best full-size crib on wheels: Babyletto Maki
- Best storage crib: Babyletto Mercer 3-in-1 convertible crib
- Best acrylic crib: Babyletto Harlow 3-in-1 convertible crib
- Best 4-in-1 convertible crib: Babyletto Gelato 4-in-1 convertible crib
- Best mini crib: Babyletto Origami mini crib
Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib
The Hudson crib by Babyletto represents their classic retro looking style to perfection. It is their most wanted crib and one of the best-selling cribs overall.
It belongs to Babyletto’s wide selection of different 3-in-1 convertible cribs, which are all beautiful and of high quality, but only one can be a winner.
Hudson is a 3-in-1 convertible crib, which converts into a toddler bed and daybed, where everything you need for its conversions, including toddler safety guardrail, is in the package!
Another interesting fact about the Hudson crib: Babyletto Hudson is a 3-in-1 convertible crib, but it can transit into a junior bed too. Yes, you have to purchase a junior conversion kit separately, but it is nice to know you have this option.
As the crib converts into three bigger beds, the Babyletto could easily name it a 4-in-1 convertible crib. That could mislead the parents thinking they will get more as they do. In my opinion, is calling it a 3-in-1 crib the right decision, and I appreciate it!
If that is not enough, here are other great Hudson’s features:
- It is a sturdy crib, with solid wood construction.
- Conversions into bigger beds are simple and hassle-free.
- Hudson possesses four-level mattress support, so you can start with the highest position for a newborn and gradually lower it down with your child’s growth.
- Its open design allows you to see your baby from any angle of the room. You can place it in the middle of the nursery, or next to the wall. Either way looks great.
- It has an eco-conscious design, that is backed with Greenguard gold certification.
- It is coated with a child-safe non-toxic finish in a variety of colors (espresso, gray, slate, white, washed natural wood, and two tones: gray/white, espresso/white, and white/washed natural).
The best Babyletto full-size portable crib:
Babyletto Maki full-size portable folding crib
In my opinion, it’s the Babyletto Maki currently the best full-size portable crib on the market. Not a lot standard size cribs stand on wheels, let alone to be able to fold without disassembling.
Actually, we had found only one full-size crib with a folding mechanism that is worth mentioning. Dream On Me full-size folding crib is a cheaper alternative for Babyletto Maki. It is a great crib, but in my opinion, it doesn’t reach Babyletto’s Maki standards.
Dream On Me also doesn’t grow with your child as the Maki. Yes, Babyletto Maki is also convertible. It converts into a toddler bed and daybed. Even better, everything for its conversions is included in the price.
If you are interested, you can find more information about these two in our post about the best full-size cribs on wheels.
Let’s get back to the portability. Folding mechanism is very rare amongst full-size cribs! The portability is more common for mini cribs, however, as you can see, you can get an excellent full-size portable crib too. Of course, Maki’s portability doesn’t make it a travel crib, but you can push it around the home, or fold it down and store it into a small space when it is not in use.
Great Maki features:
- It has a foldable frame which makes this crib easy to store.
- Maki has removable caster wheels for easy storage and transport.
- The crib has clean lines, without a bulky design. That is very important if you intend to move it from one room to another. Why? Because as such, it fits through most room doorways.
- The wheels are lockable, and keep the crib in place when they are locked down.
- The crib is also convertible!
- Babyletto Maki is the only foldable full-size crib on wheels, that is convertible as well.
- Two cribs that are similar to the Maki are already mentioned Dream On Me, and DaVinci’s Jenny Lind. They are both full-size cribs on wheels, but both have at least one feature less than the Maki.
- Dream On Me is foldable, but it doesn’t convert.
- DaVinci Jenny Lind is convertible, but it doesn’t fold up.
Best Babyletto’s crib with additional storage:
Babyletto Mercer 3-in-1 convertible crib
The feature, which distinguishes the Marcer from other Babyletto cribs, is its under-crib drawer. Mercer nicely uses otherwise unutilized space under the crib and adds much-needed extra storage for all nursery essentials.
Mercer also doesn’t possess a Babyletto’s distinguish spindle design. It is surrounded by slats and, as such, looks more of a U.S. crib. But Mercer kept a modern design with a touch of retro style, so you can’t miss that it’s a Babyletto.
As a mom, I can tell you having a lot of storage space is extremely important. There are so many baby belongings that we need. Well, at least we think we do. In my opinion, a large drawer under the Marcer gives the crib extra value, especially if you are living in a smaller home.
The drawer takes up the whole surface under mattress’s are. It is approximately 4 1/2″ and has a sufficient volume. It is separated into two equal parts, which gives a better overview of stacked items inside. It also slides well, even if the crib stands on the carpet.
RELATED: Best convertible cribs with drawer
- Babyletto Mercer is, of course, more than just a regular crib with an under-crib drawer. It is a 3-in-1 convertible crib that transits into a toddler bed and daybed. And yes, you get a toddler safety guardrail included in the price for this crib too!
- It is a functional and modern crib, with an open design. The open design enables the Mercer to stand in the middle of the room or beside the wall. You can also see your baby from any angle of the room, which is great.
- Babyletto Mercer possesses four-level mattress support, and as a full-size crib, takes any standard-size crib mattress.
The best acrylic crib:
Babyletto Harlow 3-in-1 convertible crib
- Babyletto Harlow is a unique looking baby crib. It is an acrylic crib with a carefully selected design.
- The benefit of the acrylic is a modern design with a clear, unobstructed view on your sleeping baby.
- Acrylic cribs are modern cribs, for parents with a specific taste, so there is not a lot of available models.
In my opinion, Babyletto Harlow combines the perfect blend of acrylic and wood. I don’t like all acrylic cribs, as it seems like your baby is sleeping in a lab. Also, I don’t think those all acrylic cribs represent a cozy, snuggle nest for babies either.
Babyletto combines wood and acrylic in a more elegant, natural crib design. Only the front side of the crib is made of acrylic. While the front side provides you with an unobstructed view on your little bundle of joy, the other three sides are wooden. That offers a cozy, more private sleeping space for a baby as well.
Harlow’s acrylic slats are of good quality! Slats are carefully designed without sharp edges or any potential dangerous parts. Acrylic is clear, and it is important that it doesn’t yellow over time.
Harlow is an acrylic crib, so it costs more than other Babyletto cribs. With $649, it’s certainly not the cheapest crib on the market, but comparing to other acrylic cribs, its price is not that high after all.
What else do we like about the Babyletto Harlow acrylic crib?
- Harlow is one of the few acrylic cribs that are also convertible. It is a 3-in-1 convertible crib, which converts into a toddler bed and daybed.
- Harlow has a wooden safety guardrail for a toddler bed. It is not acrylic but made of wood. For the transition into a toddler bed, you will replace the back wooden rail with a safety guardrail. The acrylic side will serve as the backside of a toddler bed.
- The crib has a modern design. It is available in white or black wood in combination with acrylic slats on the front.
- Harlow crib has standard measurements, so it is compatible with any standard size baby crib mattress.
- It has four adjustable mattress positions.
- I love the fact that Babyletto sticks to its Eco-cautious design, even if they use acrylic. The crib is made from sustainable New Zealand pine wood and recyclable acrylic.
LINK TO THE LATEST PRICE: Price on Amazon
LINK TO ITS REVIEW: Babyletto Harlow Acrylic 3-in-1 convertible crib Review
Best Babyletto 4-in-1 convertible crib:
Babyletto Gelato 4-in-1 convertible crib
Babyletto Gelato can be the only bed you will ever buy for your child. It is a 4-in-1 convertible crib, which can convert up to a full-size bed.
It has a distinguished modern Babyletto’s look, with a retro touch, open design, and round spindles on all four sides.
Gelato is available in only two different color combinations, as a white crib with Washed Natural spindles, or as a Wash Naural crib with white spindles.
The absence of different finishes doesn’t do a favor to the Gelato, but Babyletto substitutes it with the interchangeable, customizable feet. They are available in an array of pop colors to match any current trend and will cost you only $18. You can pick amongst cool mint, spring yellow, black, navy blue, gray, petal pink, white, and washed natural.
As I already said, Gelato converts into a toddler bed, daybed, and full-size bed. YOu will get a toddle bed safety guardrail with the crib, but you have to buy a full-size conversion kit for the final conversion.
More about the Babyletto Gelato 4-in-1 convertible crib:
- Transitions into bigger beds are simple and hassle-free.
- Gelato has an Eco-Conscious Design. It is made with solid New Zealand pine wood, which is one of the most sustainable and renewable woods available.
- There is a full Gelato collection of matching dressers, pop color feet accents, and versatile Babyletto décor pieces for a stylish nursery.
- Gelatto is available as a mini crib too.
- Any full-size crib mattress fits into the crib.
- It has four adjustable mattress positions, so you can lower the mattress height as babe learns to sit and stand.
LINK TO THE LATEST PRICE: Price on Amazon
Best mini crib:
Babyletto Origami mini crib
Origami is one of the best-selling mini cribs on the market. I am not surprised at all! It is an excellent, modern-looking portable mini crib. It is available in multiple colors, including unique tones, such as a lagoon or petal pink. Other finishes are black, gray, washed natural, and white.
A mini crib is a great solution for modern families with space issues. While taking up less space, it can offer everything or even more than a full-size model. A portable mini crib, such as Babyletto Origami, is also a more long-term and more stable alternative for a standard bassinet.
Babyletto Origami is a foldable mini crib. Folding the Origami is very simple and quick. The folded crib also doesn’t take up a lot of space. Because you can easily store it until another use, it is a very convenient choice for grandparents’ or caregivers’ houses as well.
Another great thing about the Babyletto Origami is its rolling feet. Wheels glide smoothly, and you shouldn’t have problems while pushing the crib around on different floor types, including the carpet. Because of its minimalist design, Origami fits through all standard doorways, so moving around the house shouldn’t cause you any problems.
The overall quality of the Babyletto Origami is excellent. It is a stable mini crib, with a reliable locking mechanism. The crib stands securely in place when the casters are locked down. It has solid mattress support, which can be adjusted into two different heights, and even an included 1″ mattress pad.
Your baby will, unfortunately, outgrow the mini crib faster as a full-size model, but Origami is a great choice for a first bed.
Safety of Babyletto’s cribs
Babyletto’s cribs are static cribs, without dropping sides. Because of numerous injuries and even tragic deaths is selling drop-side cribs forbidden since 2011! If you have such a crib at home, do not use it! It is not worth the risk.
All Babyletto’s cribs went through rigorous testing to meet and exceed ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) International and U.S. CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) safety standards.
Babyletto cribs are a perfect choice for Eco-Conscious parents. They are made with solid New Zealand pinewood, which is one of the most sustainable and renewable woods available.
Cribs are screened for harmful chemicals to ensure they meet GREENGUARD Gold Certification for your babe’s safety. This certification ensures that the product doesn’t contain toxic chemicals, and as such, doesn’t pollute the indoor air. All cribs are screened for over 10,000 chemicals and VOCs known to pollute indoor air.
Their cribs are also finished in a non-toxic multi-step painting and staining process that is lead and phthalate safe.
Babyletto’s crib mattress information
All best Babyletto cribs listed here, except the Origami, which is a mini crib, have a standard size. That doesn’t mean they have the same size. Because of different frameworks, their outer dimensions differ from model to mode. But their internal measurements, so those that are important when picking the proper mattress are the same.
Internal measurements of all full-size cribs and standard crib mattresses are regulated by the government. That allows each new crib mattress to fit into each new baby crib. Of course, Babyletto recommends its pure core crib mattress, which is a great choice. I just want to tell you that you can pick any standard crib mattress, of any brand, for their full-size cribs.
The story with the Origami is a little different. It is a mini crib, so it needs a mini crib mattress, which is not thicker than 5″.
The size of the mini cribs is not determined by law. Because of that, is any baby crib that is smaller from a regular crib is defined as a mini crib. However, in most cases, are their inner dimensions around 38″ (96,52cm) by 24″ (60,96cm), which are also approximate measurements of the Origami. Most mini crib mattresses correspond to those measurements, which enables a wider choice for the Origami too. But if you want to go with Babyletto, is their pure core mini crib mattress a perfect fit.
U.S. regulations define:
1. full-size cribs and mattresses:
- a standard size crib is a baby crib with the following measurements: 52 3⁄8 ± 5⁄8 inches in length by 28 ± 5⁄8 inches in width
- a standard crib mattress is a baby crib mattress with the following measurements: at least 27 1/4 inches by 51 5/8 inches and no more than 6 inches thick
2. mini cribs and mattresses:
- a mini crib is a baby crib with the following measurements: 38” long by 24″ wide
- a mini crib mattress is a baby crib mattress with the following measurements: 38” long by 24″ wide
All Babyletto’s cribs on this list have adjustable mattress support. You can set the mattress into two different heights on Babyletto portable cribs, a full-size Maki and mini Origami, and into four levels on other cribs.