Dream On Me Full-Size folding crib Review
Dream On Me full-size folding crib Review
Dram On Me full-size folding crib is a portable crib. And the portability for this crib means, you can easily move it from room to room.
Although the crib folds up nicely, it is not designed for traveling! For those purposes, it’s better to use travel cribs, as they are lighter and folds up even smaller.
Dream On Me folding crib has wheels with a locking mechanism. Because of its minimalist design also fits through door frames, so you can move it around the house nicely, without even folding it.
MORE ABOUT PORTABLE CRIBS OF ALL TYPES: Best rated portable cribs
Dream On Me folding crib is a good choice for:
- everyday use
- a secondary crib, for grandma’s house, caregivers, daycare or guests with babies
- it is a safe crib – it meets all required safety standards
- good value for money
- patented folding system
- wheels with locking mechanism
- two levels adjustable mattress height
- decent color choice
- classic design
- when folded, doesn’t take a lot of space
- if you are a petite mom, check if the crib is not too high for you (Some really short moms had reported minor problems with placing the sleeping baby into the crib, when the mattress was on the lowest position. )
[stextbox id=’ovcka’ image=’null’]
Click here to see the latest price and more information:
Dream On Me full-size folding crib specifications
Measurements and Weight:
- assembled crib dimensions: 54″ L x 31″ W x 46 “H
- collapsed dimensions: 54″ L x 6″ W x 46″ H
- weight: 46lbs
- available colors: black, cherry, espresso, natural, white and French white
Child size restrictions:
- When your child is able to pull to standing position, set the mattress base to the lowest level, and remove the objects that could serve as steps for climbing out.
- Stop using Dream On me full-size folding crib when your child is able to climb out or reaches the height of 35 inches.
- you can use any full-size crib mattress in the crib
- the crib has two level adjustable mattress support
- it has a solid mattress support
- mattress recommended by the manufacturer: Dream On Me Spring crib and toddler bed mattress
Although you can use any full-size crib mattress, of course, Dream On Me recommend using their mattress instead. And the Dream On Me mattress is actually really good. If you consider that you won’t pay much for it, it’s even better.
The mattress is firm and does not sag. It has air-flow pockets that keep mattresses fresh. It is also hypo-allergenic, with a waterproof cover.
Dream On Me mattress meets all safety requirements, so it is a safe choice for your baby. It is also GREENGUARD Gold Certified for a healthy indoor environment for your baby
The mattress is lightweight and flame retardant. It is phthalates and lead-free and carries a 10-year limited warranty against manufacturer’s defects and materials.
size: 52″ lenght x 27″38 width
weight: 12 pounds
How we came up with ratings for Dream On Me full-size folding crib?
As this is a wooden crib, we shouldn’t expect it will fold up as small as travel cribs. Also, it weighs more than those cribs. So we compare it to other cribs of the same type, not to the all portable cribs.
[stextbox id=’TABLE OF CONTENT’ caption=’We had researched and evaluated the following things:‘ collapsing=”true” collapsed=”true” image=’null’]
For the portability we checked:
- if wheels run smoothly
- does it fit through standard room doors
- how easy it is to move the crib around
Dream On Me has a patented folding system, so when you don’t need it, you can simply fold it flat, and store until another use.
What did we take into consideration?
- whether it is easy to fold the crib
- how fast can you collapse and set it up again
- how much space does the folded crib occupy
In order to determine if the crib is safe, we checked the following parameters:
- how sturdy is the crib
- if the crib stand steady when the wheels are locked
- does the crib meet all the required safety standards
- if there are any safety issues
Dream On Me full-size folding crib went through rigorous testing to ensure it meets all applicable ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials), JPMA (Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association) and CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) standards.
- if the bed is available in sufficient quantity of different colors
- are there any visible holes
- overall design
We took into consideration the following things:
- Does the crib’s value meet the price?
- we compared the price with other cribs of the same type
What parents say about this crib
[stextbox id=’ovcka’ image=’null’]It was very easy to assemble and is a good looking crib. I love it because it can be folded and moved to different locations throughout the house if needed. I was worried that it wouldn’t be sturdy enough but was pleasantly surprised to see that it is very sturdy.
[stextbox id=’ovcka’ image=’null’]Overall, it looks great but it is too high for 5’2″ person trying to reach for their baby when the mattress is in the lowest position. I had to buy a stool to stand on, to be able to properly lift my child.
[stextbox id=’ovcka’ image=’null’]I love the crib. It is sturdier than our last “regular” crib.
[stextbox id=’ovcka’ image=’null’]Easy to assemble! Great for a Grandma and Grandpa’s house. Will fold and store if you do not want to keep it up all the time. Full size but not a huge piece of furniture.
- Best full-size folding cribs
- Best rated portable cribs
- Cribs on wheels that do NOT fold up
- Babyletto Origami portable Mini crib Review