Babyletto Lolly Crib Review
Babyletto Lolly 3-in-1 convertible crib review
Babyletto is a well-established crib manufacturer. It has a wide assortment of different cribs, but its offer of convertible cribs is by far the most diverse.
Babyletto often includes round spindles in crib’s designs. That gives them a modern, sleek European look, with a touch of retro style. And with such an appearance, convertibility, and elegant look, Lolly is one of Babyletto’s most famous cribs.
But as you will see in our Babyletto Lolly crib review, the crib is much more than just a beautiful addition to your nursery. The most important feature is its safety. Babyletto Lolly 3-in-1 convertible crib is a safe crib, which meets and even exceeds all required safety standards. If you are interested in more, read our review and check up other features of this crib.
- it grows with your child
- natural materials and non-toxic paint
- modern design
- a toddler safety guardrail is included in the price
- adjustable mattress support
- perfect for short moms
- a sturdy crib
- GREENGUARD Gold certified
- an initial smell of the paint (it airs out in few days)
- it is not the cheapest crib you can buy
Babyletto Lolly crib Review
Babyletto Lolly 3-in-1 convertible crib is a stylish well build crib, that will probably last for several years. As I already mentioned, Babyletto Lolly’s rails are made with rounded spindles. The distance between them is smaller from the prescribed maximum, so your baby’s body won’t trape between them.
Spindles are on all four sides, which makes it open and airy. Because of such design, Lolly looks excellent either placed next to the wall or as a centerpiece of the nursery
The crib is made from sustainable New Zealand pine wood. All materials and finishes are Eco-friendly. The crib is available in four different color combinations:
- black/washed natural
- gray/washed natural
- navy blue/washed natural
Lolly has smaller color selection than most of Babyletto’s 3-in-1 convertible cribs, but two tones allow you to combine the crib with more furniture.
If you like Babyletto furniture, the crib pairs with Babyletto Lolly 3 – drawer changer. Babyletto Madison Swivel Glider or Kiwi electronic recliner and swivel glider with USB port are also a beautiful and most important, comfortable addition to the overall look of the modern nursery.
- Manufacturer: Babyletto
- Model: Lolly
- Type: 3-in-1 convertible crib
- Style: clean modern design with rounded spindles
- Material: natural New Zealand pine wood
- Assembled dimensions: 53.625″ L x 30.25″ D x 35.25″ H
- Assembled weight: 50 lbs
- Color: black/washed natural, gray/washed natural, white/natural, and navy blue/washed natural
Babyletto Lolly’s convertibility review
Lolly is a 3-in-1 convertible crib, so it is designed to go through different phases of your child’s early years. 3-in-1 convertible cribs transit into two bigger beds. Lolly’s conversions are toddler bed and daybed.
I like that you get everything in the package! Getting the toddler guard rail in the package is not the fact for all convertible crib! A big plus for Babyletto and its Lolly crib!
If you won’t decide for a Lolly, carefully read what is included in the price. Numbers in the cribs’ names tell you the number of possible conversions, while you have to buy additional parts separately.
Babyletto Lolly’s conversions are quick and easy. When your child outgrows the crib, replace the front rail with a toddler safety guardrail. When your child is old enough, you can also remove the guardrail, and convert the crib into a daybed if you want.
- Convertible: yes
- Number of conversions: 3
- Conversion types: crib, toddler bed, daybed
- Weight Capacity: toddler/daybed = 50lb
Lolly vs. Hudson crib by Babyletto
Both models are pretty popular, and I can see why.
- they are a perfect choice for any modern nursery, especially if you don’t have a lot of space and still want a standard size crib
- because of the space issues, they are a common choice for parents with twins
- because of minimalist and sleek design, both cribs are great for short moms as well
- as both cribs grow with your child
When comparing the Lolly vs. Hudson, the choice of which one is better is not such an easy decision. There is really not a lot of differences between them. Both cribs are a 3-in-1 convertible model, with almost identical dimensions.
The biggest difference is in the shape of their legs and the color choice, but the specifications are pretty much the same. Oh, and Hudson is $20 cheaper from Lolly.
Useful information about Babyletto Lolly 3-in-1 convertible crib
Lolly features four-level mattress support. You can adjust it to the 9″, 11″, 13″ and 15″ high (measured from floor to top of mattress support). For a newborn, you will probably use the highest mattress position, and then gradually lower it down. Just don’t forget to lower it down as soon as your baby starts crawling and sitting on her own!
The crib mattress sits on the metal spring support. You can use any standard size crib mattress, of any brand, but keep in mind that it should be at least 51,625″ x 27,25″ and no more than 6″ thick. As both standards size crib’ and crib mattress’s measurements are regulated by the government, there shouldn’t be problems with fitting.
You can find reviews of numerous baby crib mattresses on our site. Click HERE for crib mattress reviews.
Babyletto recommends using Pure Core non-toxic crib mattress in the Lolly. That is a lightweight, non-toxic mattress, made from the fully recyclable polyester core.
It contains only the purest ingredients. It is free from polyurethane foam, vinyl, PVC, dyes, phthalates, PFCs, synthetic latex, and off-gassing materials. The mattress is also hypoallergenic, made with water repellent technology, which prevents the liquid from immediate absorpt.
- Compatible Mattress Size: standard
- Mattress Included: no
- Recommended mattress: Pure Core non-toxic crib mattress
- Adjustable Mattress Height: yes, 4 positions
Don’t Forget About The Safety!
Safety is an important part of any crib review. Babyletto Lolly 3-in-1 convertible crib meets and even exceeds all safety standards. So if you already decided on the Lolly, you can be calm as it covers everything. But if you want another crib, this part of the Babyletto Lolly crib reviews could serve you as a safety guideline. You will know what to look for from a safety perspective when buying a new crib.
- First of all, the crib doesn’t have drop sides, so it is a safe and sturdy crib. Because of numerous injuries and death, the Consumer Product Safety Commission banned the sale of the cribs with a side that drops down. Don’t use a drop-side crib!
- The distance between slats must be less than 2 3/8 inches, and that is how it is with Babyletto Lolly 3-in-1 convertible crib.
- The crib is finished in non-toxic multi-step staining and painting process, lead and phthalate safe. It is screened for 360 VOCs and over 10,000 chemicals and has the Greenguard gold certificate.
- Lolly has passed all safety tests and meets all ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) international and US CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) safety standards.
Babyletto Lolly is a great 3-in-1 convertible crib. People often compare it with the Hudson.
I will be honest, if I need to choose the winner, it is the Hudson. Not because it is better from the Lolly, but just because I like its style a little more. Regards to the safety, functionality, and convertibility those two cribs are the same!
If you like Lolly’s design, go for it! I think you won’t be disappointed at all!
>>> We found the best price for Babyletto Lolly 3-in-1 convertible crib on Amazon. <<<
- Best Babyletto 3-in-1 convertible cribs
- Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib review
- Babyletto Pure Core crib mattress review
- Standard size crib mattress reviews
I am the founder of Baby’s Little Place. I’m a mom to the one-year-old daughter and I know how overwhelming could be when you are looking things and tips for a new baby, especially if you are a first-time parent. That’s why I set up this site…because I want to do something I am passionate about, as well as I want to help new parents and parents to be.
I hope you enjoyed reading my article! If you have any question or comment, please leave them down below. I will be happy discuss it with you!
Have a wonderful day!