Cheap Mini Crib – Delta Children Portable Mini Crib
Quality and cheap mini crib
Delta Children Portable Mini Crib Review
This cheap mini crib is a better alternative as the bassinet. Not only it’s much more comfortable for your baby the crib actually costs less than most of the bassinets. Delta Children portable mini crib will also last longer than a bassinet. And what the portability for this crib mean? It means that you can easily transport, store or even travel with the crib.
RELATED READING: Babyletto Origami mini crib Review
Delta Children mini crib is a good choice for:
- small apartments and urban living
- for a first bed next to parents in the bedroom
- for a secondary crib in grandma’s or caregivers house
- for traveling on shorter distance
- it doesn’t occupy a lot of space
- a good folding mechanism
- cheap mini crib
- well built and versatile
- it has casters for easy moving around the house
- you get a 1,5″ mattress beside the crib
- you can adjust the mattress into two heights
- available in several different colors
- a better choice as bassinets
- it can scratch easily
- your baby will outgrow it sooner as a full-size crib
- no locking mechanism on wheels
[stextbox id=’ovcka’ image=’null’]
Click here to see the latest price and more information:
Delta Children mini crib SPECIFICATIONS
Measurements and Weight:
- assembled crib dimensions: 39″ L x 25″ D x 37.75″ H
- collapsed dimensions: 40″ L x 6.5″ D x 37,75″ H
- weight: 32 lbs
- available colors: cherry, dark chocolate, grey, natural & Bianca white
Child size restrictions:
- from birth through 35 inches
- set the mattress base to the lowest level, when your baby begins to sit or stand
- stop using Delta Children portable mini crib if your child is able to climb out before he reaches 35 inches
- basic 1,5″ mattress included
- two position mattress height adjustment
- you can use any mini crib mattress in the crib
- the crib has solid mattress support
You must be aware that the included mattress is very thin. If you need a crib only for occasional use, it should be fine. But if you intend to use it frequently, I will suggest buying a better mattress.
Nevertheless, the included mattress does have some advantages. First, you get the mattress for free. And second, because the mattress is thin, you can store it right in the folded crib.
In our Review, Delta Children portable mini crib got following ratings
We compared Delta Children mini crib to other portable mini cribs, not to the all available mini cribs. For instance, Babyletto Origami is a crib of the same type, so we compared Delta Children with Origami. We have checked the advantages and disadvantages of the Delta Children mini crib compared to Origami and evaluated them.
[stextbox id=’TABLE OF CONTENT’ caption=’We researched and evaluated the following things:‘ collapsing=”true” collapsed=”true” image=’null’]
For the portability we checked:
- if wheels run smoothly
- does it fit through standard room doors
- do casters have a locking mechanism
Delta Children’s rolling casters allow easy movement throughout the home. So, you can keep your baby nearby all the times. There was no problem with moving the crib, even on a carpet. As it is a mini crib, it also fits through room dor frames.
Unfortunately, wheels don’t have a locking mechanism. If a child stands and shakes the crib hard, it can move. There are two solutions to this problem. First, you can place the crib on the rug, and it will be more stable. And second, more drastic, you can remove the wheels from the crib.
What did we take into consideration?
- how fast and how easy you can fold up the crib
- does the folded crib occupy a lot of space
- if it’s easy to unfold the crib again
The crib has a good folding mechanism and folds up easily. You can store the included mattress in the folded crib. That is great because you can store everything in one place.
Although the manufacturer claims it is a perfect crib for traveling, I would not agree with that. Yes, it is foldable, and yes, you can get it into the car, but… it doesn’t fold as small as classic travel cribs. So be prepared, that crib will take the most of the space in your trunk.
In order to determine if the crib is safe, we checked the following parameters:
- locking mechanism on casters
- how sturdy is the crib
- does the crib meet all the required safety standards
Delta Children portable mini crib provides safe and comfy sleeping space for your little one. The crib is tested for lead and other toxic elements to meet ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) safety standards. It has JPMA (Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association) certificate, and meet or even exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission). So, no issues here!
But it got fewer points because of the lack of a locking mechanism! The crib won’t just roll away from you, but I am more comfortable with cribs whose wheels can lock!
- the overall design
- in how many colors you can get the crib
- are there any visible holes from screws
We had checked:
- what you get for the price
- if the price is appropriate for what you get
- comparing with other portable mini cribs
Frequently asked questions
1. Does the size of the sleeping surface compare to a traditional pack and play?
The overall area is about the same, but the Delta crib, because of its more rectangular design, allows for a more substantial mattress.
2. Does one of the sides come down?
No, and that is how it should be! Since 2011 it’s forbidden to sell dropping side cribs as they are dangerous to your child.
3. What is the spacing of the crib slats?
Cribs slats are 2″ apart, so less than prescribed maximum distance (2 3/8 inches).
4. Is this crib easy to assemble?
Yes, just follow the provided instructions.
5. Is paint on the crib non-toxic?
Yes, Delta Children uses only non-toxic finishes, which are safe, and meet all Federal and State regulations.
6. Is this portable enough to check in as luggage on a plane?
Although it is a good portable crib, I would not recommend that.
Delta Children portable crib is so unbelievably cheap mini crib. I had to check up twice if I saw the right price. It is a safe and actually really cute mini crib.
Basically, you get everything you need with one purchase, a crib and a mattress. Did I mention how very cheap the whole package is?
- Babyletto Origami portable mini crib Review
- Best rated portable cribs
- Dream On Me full-size folding crib
I am the founder of Baby’s Little Place. I’m a mom to the one-year-old daughter and I know how overwhelming could be when you are looking things and tips for a new baby, especially if you are a first-time parent. That’s why I set up this site…because I want to do something I am passionate about, as well as I want to help new parents and parents to be.
I hope you enjoyed reading my article! If you have any question or comment, please leave them down below. I will be happy discuss it with you!
Have a wonderful day!