Guava Family Lotus travel crib Review
Guava Family Lotus travel crib Review
Guava Family Lotus travel crib is an ultra-portable crib, designed for multiple uses. Carrying bag in the shape of a backpack and a lightweight of the whole unit makes it perfect for all kinds of travel. Of course, Lotus is not meant just for travel, as you can use it:
- at home, as a safe Pack ‘n Play
- as a secondary crib for afternoon naps
- a crib in caregivers or grandparents house
In our Guava Family Lotus travel crib review, we carefully evaluated the following parameters:
- ease of use
- travel mattress
Let’s start with the good and bad things we had found about the Lotus during our review:
- a backpack instead of a classic travel bag
- it’s everywhere crib (home, perfect for travel with the plane, friends’ house, grandparents’ house, across the World, …)
- setting up is easy and fast
- it has a unique side door
- good airflow through the crib
- Lotus travel crib meet or even exceed all safety standards
- it’s perfect for eco-conscious parents because it is made of eco-friendly materials
- the mattress is better than a standard Pack’ n Play mattress
- Few parents reported problems with the insertion of Velcro strips through the slits. Straps didn’t stay in place when they tried to secure the mattress. We didn’t have those problems!
- We had minor problems with placing the folded crib back in the carrying backpack. The backpack could be slightly bigger in our opinion, but that is not a significant problem. It means it could take you an extra minute or two, but that is it.
If you want to know more about people behind this great product, you can also read Guava Family about page.
Lotus everywhere travel crib review
Baby Bjorn lightweight travel crib review
We unintentionally compared Lotus with Baby Bjorn travel crib from the very beginning. Why? Because they are both far the best lightweight travel cribs on the market.
Yes, after reviewing both models, Baby Bjorn got slightly better results, but you can’t miss with purchasing any of these two travel cribs!
Baby Bjorn travel crib light is might slightly better from Guava’s Lotus in the overall score, but it has a higher price too. And that also doesn’t mean that Lotus doesn’t have better features from Baby Bjorn because it has them!
As you will see after reading the whole review, Guava Family Lotus travel crib does have great features that could persuade you into purchasing this one instead Baby Bjorn! Zippered side doors and carrying bag in the shape of a backpack are just two of them.
Lotus’s side door
Lotus has a cool side zippered door. This is the feature that most lightweight cribs can’t offer. It is certainly a unique and convenient feature, which you can use from newborns to toddlers.
Does your baby fall asleep only on your arms, or you have to nurse her to sleep? A zip-up door is a perfect solution for you. Placing a sleeping baby into the crib from the side is much easier, as bending over the rail to the bottom. If you want, you can even lay down with a baby and cuddle her to sleep.
And for a toddler? The zip-up door represents many playing opportunities for your toddler too. Leaving the door open, give him his own way in and out of the crib.
I left the door open and covered the crib with a blanket for my daughter. Having her own little house, was such fun for her.
As a mother I know it is impossible to keep an eye on a toddler 24/7, so knowing you can securely zip the side door while he is playing helps you a lot.
Details of our Guava Family Lotus crib Review
Guava Family Lotus travel crib specifications
Measurements and Weight:
- assembled crib dimensions: 45″ L x 25″ W x 32″ H
- collapsed dimensions: 24″ L x 7″ W x 11″ H
- included mattress: 42″ L x 24″ W x 1″ H
- weight (including backpack): 13lbs
- available colors: only one color
Child size restrictions:
- for newborns to toddlers under 35” of height
- there is no weight limit, as the mattress is supported by the floor
Frequently asked questions
1. Can I replace the travel mattress with a thicker one?
2. Is Lotus durable enough to survive being checked with luggage?
3. Does zipping the side wakes up a sleeping baby?
4. Which waterproof cover will fit the Guava Family Lotus mattress?
Baby’s Little Place verdict
We didn’t find any significant deficiencies about this crib in our Lotus crib review. We are pleased with the results and highly recommend Lotus to young parents, especially if they travel a lot!
Guava Family constructed a travel crib, which is together with Baby Byron, well ahead of other lightweight travel cribs on the market.
Besides that, Lotus has few unique and cool features, that along with carefully design backpack makes it is a perfect choice for all kinds of travel.
Of course, that doesn’t mean it is not a good choice for everyday use as a Playard or comfortable napping station as well!
Overall it is a great lightweight travel crib, which will save you lots of troubles during traveling.
I am the founder of Baby’s Little Place. I’m a mom to the one-year-old daughter and I know how overwhelming could be when you are looking things and tips for a new baby, especially if you are a first-time parent. That’s why I set up this site…because I want to do something I am passionate about, as well as I want to help new parents and parents to be.
I hope you enjoyed reading my article! If you have any question or comment, please leave them down below. I will be happy discuss it with you!
Have a wonderful day!