Hudson crib by Babyletto – 2019 Review
A new review of Hudson crib by Babyletto
Hudson crib by Babyletto is a beautiful crib with clean lines. It is a popular 3 in 1 convertible crib, which is actually the best-selling model from Babyletto. That didn’t surprise me at all, as it is a modern and eco-friendly crib, which offers great versatility to the young family.
***We made a comprehensive research about this 3 in 1 convertible crib. My vision was to gather all the facts about the Hudson crib by Babyletto in one place. From the pros and cons to the product specifications and Babyletto Hudson crib mattress information. I think that with the help of my friends and many parents who already have a Hudson crib, we pretty much-covered everything.
Our Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib Review
- eco-conscious design for modern moms
- retro modern look, with rounded spindles all around the crib
- it grows with your child
- beautiful non-toxic finish, available in multiple colors
- 4 level adjustable mattress support
- toddler rail is in the package
- solid wood construction
- sturdy crib
- if you pick a light-colored model, a metal mattress support might be seen while you set the mattress into higher positions *
* That is more noticeable on bright-colored models, only when the mattress is set to the highest position. If that bothers you, you can use a crib skirt to hide it. Crib skirts make the nursery even more appealing and can hide things you store under the crib.
Huson can get a scratch or two overtime. Let’s be honest, this eventually happens on all cribs, regardless if you have paid 100$ or 1000$ for the crib.
If your baby likes to bite things, you can expect teeth marks too. In that case, we recommend using the teething rail protectors. Just don’t forget to place them on the crib before your baby gets to the stage when she stands up and chews things.
If you decide not to use crib rail protectors and wants to preserve those cute teeth marks on the crib, you don’t have to worry about safety. The paint is 100% non-toxic! The paint actually doesn’t peel off, so there will be only visible dents.
Babyletto Hudson or Babyletto Lolly?
Babyletto Hudson is a sophisticated “older sister” from the new Babyletto Lolly 3 in 1 convertible crib.
That doesn’t mean Hudson is an old crib! It is just so popular that Babyletto decided to make a similar model, to satisfy even more parents.
So, Lolly is slightly younger Babyletto’s 3 in 1 convertible model, which does not differ much from the Hudson crib. The biggest difference is in the shape of their legs and the color selection. Other features and specifications are pretty much the same.
Babyletto Hudson is a perfect choice for petite moms!
Short moms will appreciate the low profile of this crib. Low profile cribs make a great impact on the quality of their life. Fewer back pains is only one of the reasons why short moms should decide on this model!
The common problem of petite moms is the overall cribs’ height, as they struggle with placing the sleeping baby over the front rail to the mattress.
Don’t be concern about safety! Hudson’s low profile is the result of the carefully constructed crib’s framework with shorter legs, not lower side rails! Your child won’t be able to escape sooner than from other cribs.
RELATED ARTICLE: Best cribs for short moms
We love Hudson’s design!
Hudson is a static crib and as such without any moving parts. It is made from solid New Zealand pine wood, coated with a child-safe non-toxic finish in a variety of colors.
Because of Hudson’s modern mid-century design and wide color selection, you won’t have problems matching the crib to any kind of furniture. But, if you want to pair it with Babyletto furniture, it matches with Hudson dresser changer and Hudson 6-drawer assembled double dresser perfectly.
- Manufacturer: Babyletto
- Model: Hudson
- Type: 3-in-1 convertible crib
- Style: modern retro looking crib
- Material: natural New Zealand pine wood
- Assembled dimensions: 53.625″L x 29.625″D x 34.875″H
- Assembled weight: 54 lbs
- Color: espresso, grey, slate, white, washed natural wood and two tones: gray/white, espresso/white and white/washed natural
Stylishly rounded spindles are placed all around the crib. There are 48 spindles, 16 on the long and 8 on the short side. Well, I was not sure if I should mention these numbers, as they are probably not the most important information. But as I said before, our Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib review includes everything, so there it is.
The Hudson’s open design:
- allows you to see the baby from different angles
- makes the crib light and airy
- distinguishes Babyletto Hudson from the majority of cribs with closed backside
Babyletto Hudson is a 3-in-1 convertible crib – our review of convertibility
Babyletto Hudson is a sturdy, standard size convertible crib with stationary sides to add to the security and stability. Think of it as a long-time investment. It will grow with your child and will be with him for many years to come.
When your child outgrows the baby crib, you can easily transform the crib into a toddler bed. And the best thing is, that you don’t have to make any additional purchase, as you get the toddler guardrail in the package.
Later you can remove the guardrail and transform Hudson in a daybed.
READ ALSO: The best convertible cribs of 2019
I hope the name “3 in 1” didn’t confuse you and it’s not a reason which would divert you from the purchase. You may ask yourself why would you buy Babyletto Hudson, if you can get a 4 in 1 convertible crib, for the same price?
Yes, for the same price, or even less, there are a lot of cribs named as 4 in 1. But, you have to buy the conversion kit to transform them into the full-size beds separately. So, you actually get the 3 in 1 model, or even less.
Why less? As you have to buy the guardrail for a toddler bed too. Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib has the guardrail included in the price! Considering this, those 4-in-1 crib models are no longer cheaper from Hudson!
- Convertible: yes
- Number of conversions: 3 (4, with Junior Bed Conversion Kit)
- Conversion types: crib, toddler bed, and daybed
- Weight Capacity: toddler/daybed = 50lb
Useful information about Hudson crib
Could we call Babyletto Hudson a 4 in 1 convertible crib?
Actually, we could. Babyletto named Hudson crib as a 3 in 1 convertible crib, but it has the fourth conversion as well. With an additional purchase, you can later transform Hudson’s daybed into a junior bed if you want.
Babyletto offers Junior bed conversion kit for Hudson crib. It is available in espresso, gray, white, washed natural and white/washed natural colors.
So yes, Babyletto could easily name Hudson a 4 in 1 convertible crib because you can transform it into three different beds.
You have to purchase the conversion kit for the final conversion separately for all 4-in-1 convertible cribs on the market, so Hudson is not an exception. That’s why I said Babyletto should call Hudson a 4 in 1 convertible crib like other manufacturers call their models.
Babyletto Hudson crib mattress information
- The mattress sits on the metal spring support, which enables better air circulation and makes reliable support.
- You can adapt the height of the mattress in four different positions. Start with the highest level for infants, but don’t forget to lower it down when your baby starts to crawl or sit on her own. Keep it at the lowest level for the toddlers!
- The crib mattress is not included. You can use any standard size baby mattress, of any brand. Babyletto recommends the Pure Core non-toxic crib mattress with Hybrid Waterproof Cover, which is a perfect fit. To make sure other crib mattresses fit too, we tested some of them in the crib. For instance, Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer or Colgate Eco Classica III crib mattress fits snuggly in the crib too.
YOU MIGHT LIKE: Baby crib mattress Reviews
RELATED ARTICLE: Babyletto Pure core crib mattress Review
- Interior crib dimensions: 52″L x 28.125″D
- Compatible Mattress Size: standard
- Mattress Included: no
- Recommended mattress: Pure Core non-toxic crib mattress with Hybrid Waterproof Cover
- Adjustable Mattress Height: yes, 4 positions
Don’t forget about safety!
The crib is made from eco-friendly, non-toxic materials backed with Greenguard gold certification. This mean, it is screened for over 10,000 chemicals and certified as low-emitting and healthy for the indoor environment. The crib is also finished in the non-toxic multi-step painting process, without lead, phthalate, and other toxic chemicals.
As mention before, Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib doesn’t have a drop side. Because of numerous injuries and even deaths, CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) banned the sale of dropping side cribs.
The space between slats is 2″ apart, which is safe and smaller than the prescribed maximum of 2 3/8 inches.
Hudson baby crib meets or even exceed all safety standards set by ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) international and U.S. CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission)!
No matter what crib will you choose, an old or new one, convertible or portable, make sure it meets all required safety standards! Hudson crib by Babyletto meet or even exceed them, so it is a safe crib!
Babyletto Hudson is a modern looking crib that will make a gorgeous centerpiece in any nursery. Yes, it is not the cheapest baby crib on the market, but we are convinced it is worth the money you spend. After all, it is a convertible crib and as such a long time investment. And don’t forget … toddler safety guardrail is already included in the price!
Hudson is a sturdy crib of high quality. After all, it is a royal crib. If Meghan Markle loves it, we love it too. No, I am kidding. We love Hudson because of the positive results of our review. It has everything you should expect from a modern 3-in-1 convertible crib, and even more.
Babyletto Hudson caught our attention because of its beautiful design. We love its European style with rounded slats, which makes the crib even more appealing and unique. But in the end, the crib’s design is not the most significant feature you should look. Safety, quality, durability, and versatility are just a few of the major features we had reviewed, and all got five stars. Impressive!
So far, from our research on where to buy the Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib, the best offer is on Amazon:
- Babyletto Lolly 3-in-1 convertible crib review
- Babyletto Pure core crib mattress review
- Moonlight Slumber Little dreamer crib mattress review
- Colgate Eco-Classica crib mattress review
- The best convertible cribs
- Best cribs for short moms
- The best convertible cribs with attached changing table
- Best full-size folding cribs, with Babyletto Maki Review
- Crib mattress reviews
We hope you find this Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib review helpful. Please, if you have any questions or you have your own experiences with the crib, leave it in the comments below.
Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib
- eco-conscious design
- retro modern look
- it grows with your child
- 4 level adjustable mattress support
- sturdy crib
- toddler rail is in the package
- if you use light colored models, you can see metal mattress support in some positions
I am the founder of Baby’s Little Place. I’m a mom to the one-year-old daughter and I know how overwhelming could be when you are looking things and tips for a new baby, especially if you are a first-time parent. That’s why I set up this site…because I want to do something I am passionate about, as well as I want to help new parents and parents to be.
I hope you enjoyed reading my article! If you have any question or comment, please leave them down below. I will be happy discuss it with you!
Have a wonderful day!