Babyletto Scoot 3-in-1 convertible crib Review
Babyletto Scoot 3-in-1 convertible crib Review
Babyletto Scoot is a 3-in-1 convertible crib which converts from crib to toddler bed to daybed as your child grows. Babyletto remained true to itself when designing the Scoot. Like all their cribs, Scoot is simple and elegant!
It has a modern and functional design, without needles bulky sides, or curves and arches on the back. The crib is open on all four sides, so it looks beautiful either placed beside the wall or as a centerpiece of the nursery.
Find out everything about this crib in our newest Babyletto Scoot 3-in-1 convertible crib Review. If there is something you didn’t find in the review, you can ask us below in comments. We will be happy to reply!
- grows with your child
- toddler safety guardrail is included
- the option of the fourth conversion
- beautiful design
- modern look
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified
- non-toxic finish, available in multiple colors
- 4 level adjustable mattress support
- sturdy crib
- few possible scratches or visible teething marks can occur over time*
*Let’s be honest, this eventually happens on all cribs, regardless if you have paid $100 or $1000 for the crib.
Scoot’s convertibility review
Babyletto Scoot 3-in-1 convertible crib will be with you for many years to come. As the name already told you, you get three beds for one price.
- toddler bed
After your baby outgrows the crib, you can convert it into a toddler bed. The conversion is easy and shouldn’t take you too much time.
- You have to remove the front rail and replace it with included safety guardrail.
- Another important thing while converting Scoot into a toddler bed is the mattress position.
Babyletto Scoot has four different mattress height positions. The highest setting is suitable for newborns and very convenient for parents. Reaching over the front rail and placing your sleeping baby into the crib was never easier. Of course, you have to gradually lower the mattress position along with your baby’s growth. You can find more about proper mattresses for the Scoot below.
I am happy to tell you that a safety guardrail for a toddler bed is included in the price! That is far from the usual practice on the baby crib market.
While buying a 3-in-1 or 4-in-1 convertible crib, parents often don’t know they will have to buy additional parts for conversions.
Because of that, the price of Babyletto Scoot 3-in-1 convertible crib may seem high on the first glance. But compering to the combined price of other cribs and their additional parts, there are no significant differences anymore.
Another plus of included safety guardrail is the convenience. If you purchase a crib mattress that grows with the Scoot, you don’t have to worry about your child’s sleeping arrangement for many years.
READ ALSO: Baby crib mattress reviews
You can remove the safety guardrail and transform the Scoot into a daybed when you are sure your child won’t fall out of bed anymore.
And that is not all! I am impressed by the fact that Babyletto didn’t put a 4-in-1 tag on the Scoot.
Why? Because you can actually convert it into one more bed!
With the additional purchase of a Junior bed conversion kit, you can convert the Scoot into a junior bed.
Of course, you will have to buy a suitable mattress too, but it is nice to know you have that option.
Same as many baby crib manufacturers, Babyletto could name Scoot a 4-in-1 convertible crib, but they didn’t. They don’t want to mislead their customers, which we appreciate!
- Convertible: yes
- Number of conversions: 3 (4, with Junior Bed Conversion Kit)
- Conversion types: crib, toddler bed, and daybed
- Weight Capacity: toddler/daybed = 50lb
The Babyletto Scoot’s design
Scoot is a standard, full-size baby crib. It has a sturdy design and doesn’t wobble at all.
It has four stationary sides, so it doesn’t have a drop side. While dropping side cribs were very convenient for short moms, they are forbidden since 2011. There were too many injuries and even a few tragic deaths because of that mechanism.
Scoot is made of solid New Zealand pine wood, coated with a child-safe non-toxic finish in a variety of colors. Its horizontal lines pair with its angular feet, to create a retro-inspired, charming vibe for the nursery. With such design and a variety of different colors, I am sure you won’t have problems matching it with any nursery furniture.
But, if you want to pair it with Babyletto’s furniture, we had found out it matches with Scoot 3-drawer changer dresser with removable changing tray and Madison swivel glider perfectly.
- Manufacturer: Babyletto
- Model: Scoot
- Type: 3-in-1 convertible crib
- Style: modern retro looking crib
- Material: natural New Zealand pine wood
- Assembled dimensions: 54″L x 30,3″D x 35″H
- Assembled weight: 59,67 lbs
- Color: white / walnut, white / washed natural, white, and white / slate
Useful information about Babyletto Scoot 3-in-1 convertible crib
What is the best baby crib mattress for the Babyletto Scoot 3-in-1 convertible crib?
Any standard size crib mattress fits into the crib. Babyletto recommends using their Babyletto Pure core crib mattress, as it is a perfect fit.
- Compatible Mattress Size: standard
- Mattress Included: no
- Recommended mattress: Pure Core non-toxic crib mattress with Hybrid Waterproof Cover
- Adjustable Mattress Height: yes, 4 positions
- Babyletto Scott is made with non-toxic, sustainable materials. It has a GREENGUARD Gold certificate, which ensures it doesn’t pollute your indoor air.
- The crib is finished in the non-toxic multi-step painting process, without lead, phthalate, and other toxic chemicals.
- Babyletto Scoot meets or even exceeds all applicable ASTM International and U.S. CPSC safety standards.
- It doesn’t have drop sides!
It is not a secret I love Babyletto crib’s design. But Babyletto Scoot 3-in-1 is so much more than just a crib with a beautiful design!
Safety is my number one priority, and Babyletto Scoot meets all required safety standards!
If you are on the market for a sturdy, long-lasting, modern, 3-in-1 convertible crib of high quality, Scoot is a crib you must consider!
I am the founder of Baby’s Little Place. I’m a mom to the one-year-old daughter and I know how overwhelming could be when you are looking things and tips for a new baby, especially if you are a first-time parent. That’s why I set up this site…because I want to do something I am passionate about, as well as I want to help new parents and parents to be.
I hope you enjoyed reading my article! If you have any question or comment, please leave them down below. I will be happy discuss it with you!
Have a wonderful day!